Read our 2014 Report Card for Landrieu.
Landrieu is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Landrieu sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 12, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Landrieu was the primary sponsor of 17 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 3472 (112th): Uninterrupted Scholars Act (USA)
- S. 3478 (112th): Uninterrupted Scholars Act
- S. 1082 (112th): Small Business Additional Temporary Extension Act of 2011
- S. 990 (112th): PATRIOT Sunsets Extension Act of 2011
- S. 1078 (112th): Small Business Additional Temporary Extension Act of 2011
- S. 3839 (111th): A bill to provide for an additional temporary extension of programs under the Small Business Act and the Small Business Investment Act of 1958, and for other ...
- S. 2874 (111th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2000 Louisiana Avenue in New Orleans, Louisiana, as the “Roy Rondeno, Sr. Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Landrieu sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Landrieu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2907 (113th): 21st Century Energy Workforce Development Jobs Initiative Act of 2014
- S.Res. 527 (113th): A resolution congratulating the members of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. for ...
- S. 2654 (113th): Veterans’ Credit Protection Act
- S. 2641 (113th): A bill to amend the Truth in Lending Act to provide that ...
- S. 2534 (113th): Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
- S. 2554 (113th): Keystone XL Pipeline Approval Act
- S. 2475 (113th): Children in Families First Act of 2014
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2014, Landrieu missed 208 of 5,733 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: