Our unique analysis of the bills Oakar sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Oakar is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Oakar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5873 (102nd): International Finance Effectiveness Act of 1992
- H.R. 5872 (102nd): Women in the Armed Forces Commemorative Coins Act
- H.R. 5871 (102nd): International Energy Efficiency Financing Act of 1992
- H.R. 5739 (102nd): Export Enhancement Act of 1992
- H.R. 5714 (102nd): To extend until January 1, 1995, the existing suspension of duty on ...
- H.R. 5367 (102nd): To provide for cost-of-living adjustments in 1993 under certain Government retirement programs.
- H.R. 5269 (102nd): To add to the area in which the Capitol Police have law ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Oct 1992, Oakar missed 720 of 8,199 roll call votes, which is 8.8%. This is worse than the median of 4.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1992. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills