Our unique analysis of the bills Salmon has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Salmon is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Salmon for more statistics.
Matt Salmon sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Education and the Workforce
Salmon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Salmon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5891: To prohibit the Environmental Protection Agency from using funds to carry out the ...
- H.R. 5890: Asia-Pacific Maritime Security Initiative Act of 2016
- H.R. 5680: Increasing Local Autonomy for Shore Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5609: To prohibit any appropriation of funds to the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation, ...
- H.R. 5567: Student Loan Interest Rate Parity Act
- H.R. 5524: Legal Services Corporation Repeal Act of 2016
- H.R. 5481: Ensure Responsible Borrowing Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Jul 2016, Salmon missed 213 of 6,126 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: