Read our 2016 Report Card for Salmon.
Salmon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Salmon sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Salmon was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1853 (114th): To direct the President to develop a strategy to obtain observer status for Taiwan in the International Criminal Police Organization, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 2816 (106th): Computer Crime Enforcement Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Salmon sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Salmon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 955 (114th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the progress of ...
- H.Con.Res. 176 (114th): Honoring in praise and remembrance the extraordinary life, steady leadership, and remarkable, ...
- H.R. 6281 (114th): BANK Act of 2016
- H.R. 5891 (114th): To prohibit the Environmental Protection Agency from using funds to carry out ...
- H.R. 5890 (114th): Asia-Pacific Maritime Security Initiative Act of 2016
- H.R. 5680 (114th): Increasing Local Autonomy for Shore Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 5609 (114th): To prohibit any appropriation of funds to the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development ...
|Salmon’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
From Jan 1995 to Dec 2016, Salmon missed 215 of 6,270 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: