Our unique analysis of the bills Cartwright has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cartwright is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Cartwright for more statistics.
Matthew Cartwright sits on the following committees:
Cartwright sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (19%) Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Education (17%) Government Operations and Politics (14%) Environmental Protection (10%) Energy (9%) Transportation and Public Works (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%)
Some of Cartwright’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5796: Fair Debt Collections Practices Clarification Act of 2016
- H.R. 5655: Addiction Prevention and Responsible Opioid Practices Act
- H.R. 5656: TRASH Act
- H.R. 5500: Coal Cleanup Taxpayer Protection Act
- H.R. 5423: SNAP Healthy Incentives Act of 2016
- H.R. 5344: Organ Donation Clarification Act of 2016
- H.R. 5288: Consortia-Led Energy and Advanced Manufacturing Networks Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Jul 2016, Cartwright missed 37 of 2,385 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: