Our unique analysis of the bills Burns sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Burns is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Burns’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5303 (108th): To provide for the establishment of a Department of Veterans Affairs Community-Based ...
- H.R. 5215 (108th): Senior Elder Care Relief and Empowerment (SECURE) Act
- H.R. 5044 (108th): Federal Hydroelectric and Environmental Enhancement Act of 2004
- H.R. 5011 (108th): Military Personnel Financial Services Protection Act
- H.R. 4925 (108th): 14th/14 Amendment Interstate Highway Initiation Act
- H.R. 4926 (108th): Interstate 3/3rd Infantry Division Highway Initiation Act of 2004
- H.R. 4841 (108th): Tax Simplification for Americans Act of 2004
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2004, Burns missed 17 of 1,221 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2004. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills