Rose was the representative for New York’s 11th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2019 to 2020.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Rose.
Rose is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2020 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rose sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 28, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rose was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4794 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 8320 13th Avenue in Brooklyn, New York, as the “Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini Post Office ...
- H.R. 3036 (116th): Breaking Barriers for Women Veterans Act
- H.R. 2483 (116th): Fentanyl Sanctions Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rose sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Health (21%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) International Affairs (12%) Taxation (12%) Emergency Management (8%) Transportation and Public Works (8%)
Some of Rose’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8571 (116th): VA/DoD Deployment Interoperability Act
- H.R. 8435 (116th): HOV Lanes for Heroes Act
- H.R. 8311 (116th): NFIP RISC Act of 2020
- H.R. 8094 (116th): Dr. Lorna Breen Health Care Provider Protection Act
- H.R. 7984 (116th): Strengthening Oversight of DHS Intelligence Act
- H.R. 7785 (116th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to extend certain employment and ...
- H.R. 7561 (116th): Stopping Malign Activities from Russian Terrorism Act
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2020, Rose missed 10 of 954 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2020. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: