Our unique analysis of the bills Cleland sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2002. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Cleland is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Cleland’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3077 (107th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service ...
- S. 2839 (107th): Children’s Electronic Access Safety Enhancement (CEASE) Act
- S.Res. 314 (107th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that a commemorative postage ...
- S. 2802 (107th): Military Families Tax Fairness Act
- S. 2706 (107th): Aid to Tobacco-Dependent Communities Act of 2002
- S. 2627 (107th): A bill to protect marine species off the coast of Georgia.
- S. 2492 (107th): Federal Agency Protection of Privacy Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Nov 2002, Cleland missed 7 of 1,917 roll call votes, which is 0.4%. This is better than the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Nov 2002. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: