2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Hirono »
Our unique analysis of the bills Hirono has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hirono is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Mazie Hirono sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Hirono sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (25%) Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Immigration (16%) Health (11%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (7%) Native Americans (5%)
Some of Hirono’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2784: STEM Opportunities Act of 2016
- S. 2710: Women and Minorities in STEM Booster Act of 2016
- S. 2705: Coral Reef Sustainability Through Innovation Act of 2016
- S. 2683: Federal Aviation Administration Veteran Transition Improvement Act of 2016
- S.Res. 373: A resolution recognizing the historical significance of Executive Order 9066 and expressing the ...
- S.Res. 365: A resolution designating February 2016 as “American Heart Month” and February 5, 2016, ...
- S. 2338: LIFETIME Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2016, Hirono missed 2 of 1,061 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 27 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: