Martinez is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Martinez sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 24, 2005 to Dec 22, 2010. See full analysis methodology.
Martinez was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- S. 1401 (111th): A bill to provide for the award of a gold medal on behalf of Congress to Arnold Palmer in recognition of his service to the Nation in ...
- S. 3241 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1717 Orange Avenue in Fort Pierce, Florida, as the “CeeCee Ross Lyles Post ...
- S. 1386 (109th): A bill to exclude from consideration as income certain payments under the national flood insurance program.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Martinez sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Health (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Law (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Social Welfare (9%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%)
Some of Martinez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1555 (111th): Office of the National Alzheimer’s Project Act
- S. 1485 (111th): National Hurricane Research Initiative Act of 2009
- S. 1401 (111th): A bill to provide for the award of a gold medal on ...
- S. 1364 (111th): Hurricane and Tornado Mitigation Investment Act of 2009
- S. 1363 (111th): Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act of 2009
- S. 1127 (111th): Disability Data Modernization Act
- S.Res. 149 (111th): A resolution expressing solidarity with the writers, journalists, and librarians of Cuba ...
|Martinez’s Vote||Vote Description|
On the Nomination PN171: Christopher R. Hill, of Rhode Island, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq
Apr 21, 2009. Nomination Confirmed 73/23.
H.R. 2 (111th): Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009
Jan 29, 2009. Bill Passed 66/32.
On the Nomination PN64-6: Timothy F. Geithner, of New York, to be Secretary of the Treasury
Jan 26, 2009. Nomination Confirmed 60/34.
On the Nomination PN347: Janet T. Neff, of Michigan, to be United States District Judge for the Western District of Michigan
Jul 9, 2007. Nomination Confirmed 83/4.
On the Nomination PN177: Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., in the Army, to be General
Feb 8, 2007. Nomination Confirmed 83/14.
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2009, Martinez missed 53 of 1,574 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Sep 2009. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: