Our unique analysis of the bills Martinez sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Martinez is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Martinez sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Health (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Law (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Social Welfare (9%)
Some of Martinez’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1555 (111th): Office of the National Alzheimer’s Project Act
- S. 1485 (111th): National Hurricane Research Initiative Act of 2009
- S. 1401 (111th): A bill to provide for the award of a gold medal on ...
- S. 1364 (111th): Hurricane and Tornado Mitigation Investment Act of 2009
- S. 1363 (111th): Nonadmitted and Reinsurance Reform Act of 2009
- S. 1127 (111th): Disability Data Modernization Act
- S.Res. 149 (111th): A resolution expressing solidarity with the writers, journalists, and librarians of Cuba ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2009, Martinez missed 53 of 1,574 roll call votes, which is 3.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Sep 2009. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: