Reynolds, a Democrat, was the representative for Illinois’s 2nd congressional district from 1993 to 1995.
Reynolds is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Reynolds sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Reynolds sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Reynolds’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5124 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to limit the interest ...
- H.Res. 448 (103rd): Amending the Code of Official Conduct of the Rules of the House ...
- H.R. 4450 (103rd): Lock Out Child Crime Act of 1994
- H.R. 3245 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to increase the tax ...
- H.R. 3244 (103rd): Relating to the discount factors applicable to medical malpractice companies under section ...
- H.R. 3184 (103rd): Semiautomatic Assault Weapon Violence Prevention Act of 1993
- H.R. 2897 (103rd): To suspend temporarily the duty on the personal effects of participants in, ...
From Jan 1993 to Sep 1995, Reynolds missed 451 of 1,822 roll call votes, which is 24.8%. This is much worse than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1995. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills