Our unique analysis of the bills Bean sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bean is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bean was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bean sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (21%) Commerce (17%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Housing and Community Development (9%) Economics and Public Finance (9%) Law (7%)
Some of Bean’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1408 (111th): Congratulating the Republic of Serbia’s application for European Union membership and recognizing ...
- H.R. 5412 (111th): Small Business Asset Investment and Modernization (AIM) Act of 2010
- H.R. 5030 (111th): College Savings Flexibility Act of 2010
- H.R. 5018 (111th): Government Audit Reform Act of 2010
- H.Res. 965 (111th): Repealing rule XXVIII of the Rules of the House of Representatives relating ...
- H.R. 4229 (111th): Borrowers’ Right to Inspect Closing Documents Act of 2009
- H.R. 3409 (111th): Advocates Dedicated to Older Child Parental Tax Credit (ADOPT) Act of 2009
|Bean’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2499 (111th): Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2010
Apr 29, 2010. Passed 223/169.
H.Res. 1284 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the House amendments to the Senate amendment to the ...
Jun 19, 2008. Passed 342/83.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2010, Bean missed 171 of 4,745 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 29 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: