Bean was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Bean’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Bean’s bills had a total of 120 cosponsors in the 111th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Bean to other members of the House of Representatives in the 111th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Bean’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1408 (111th): Congratulating the Republic of Serbia’s application for European Union membership and recognizing ...
- H.R. 5412 (111th): Small Business Asset Investment and Modernization (AIM) Act of 2010
- H.R. 5030 (111th): College Savings Flexibility Act of 2010
- H.R. 5018 (111th): Government Audit Reform Act of 2010
- H.Res. 965 (111th): Repealing rule XXVIII of the Rules of the House of Representatives relating ...
- H.R. 4229 (111th): Borrowers’ Right to Inspect Closing Documents Act of 2009
- H.R. 3410 (111th): Taking Responsible Action for Community Safety Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2010, Bean missed 171 of 4,745 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
This resolution’s text is now available.May 29, 2010 6:49 a.m.
This bill’s text is now available.May 28, 2010 7:06 a.m.
Sponsor: Rep. Melissa Bean [D-IL8, 2005-2010]
This resolution was introduced on May 27, 2010, in a previous session of Congress, but was not enacted.May 27, 2010