Hart was the representative for Pennsylvania’s 4th congressional district and was a Republican. She served from 2001 to 2006.
Hart is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hart sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Hart was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4768 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 777 Corporation Street in Beaver, Pennsylvania, as the “Robert Linn Memorial Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1997 (108th): Laci and Conner’s Law
- H.R. 1474 (108th): Check 21 Act
- H.R. 2621 (107th): Product Packaging Protection Act of 2002
- H.R. 5542 (107th): Black Lung Consolidation of Administrative Responsibility Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Hart sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Commerce (17%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Science, Technology, Communications (11%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Labor and Employment (11%) Taxation (11%) Health (10%)
Some of Hart’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5824 (109th): Manchester Bidwell Center for Arts and Technology Act
- H.R. 5809 (109th): Energy Efficient Buildings Act of 2006
- H.R. 5355 (109th): Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment and Retention Act of 2006
- H.R. 5115 (109th): U.S. Healthcare Technologies Competitiveness Act of 2006
- H.R. 5114 (109th): Tax Return Choice Act of 2006
- H.R. 5053 (109th): Lewis and Clark National Historic Trail Extension Act of 2006
- H.R. 4961 (109th): Self-Employed Health Care Affordability Act of 2006
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2006, Hart missed 44 of 3,431 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: