Love was the representative for Utah’s 4th congressional district and was a Republican. She served from 2015 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Love.
Love is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Love sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Love was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Love sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (46%) Health (17%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Education (8%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Love recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7019 (115th): To authorize the United States Postal Service to provide certain nonpostal property, …
- H.Res. 1105 (115th): Designating Salt Lake City, Utah, as the western center of the centennial …
- H.R. 6816 (115th): Family Movie Act Clarification Act of 2018
- H.R. 6751 (115th): Banking Transparency for Sanctioned Persons Act of 2018
- H.R. 6162 (115th): To amend the Commodity Exchange Act to exempt certain small entities dealing …
- H.R. 5659 (115th): Volcker Rule Relief Act of 2018
- H.R. 4771 (115th): Small Bank Holding Company Relief Act of 2018
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2018, Love missed 103 of 2,535 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GPO Member Guide for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills