Arcuri was the representative for New York’s 24th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2007 to 2010.
Arcuri is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Arcuri sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Arcuri was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 100 (110th): Appointing the day for the convening of the first session of the One Hundred Eleventh Congress and establishing the date for the counting of the electoral votes ...
- H.R. 5975 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 101 West Main Street in Waterville, New York, as the “Cpl. John P. Sigsbee Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Arcuri sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (20%) Economics and Public Finance (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Taxation (10%) Housing and Community Development (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%)
Some of Arcuri’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1721 (111th): Providing for the consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. ...
- H.Con.Res. 321 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives and a ...
- H.Res. 1674 (111th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 847) to amend the Public ...
- H.R. 6303 (111th): Medicare Beneficiary Choice Preservation Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1569 (111th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 5850) making appropriations for the ...
- H.R. 5181 (111th): Small Arms Competition and Innovation Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1291 (111th): Expressing support for designation of the week beginning May 9, 2010, as ...
|Arcuri’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Con.Res. 308 (111th): Providing for a conditional adjournment of the House of Representatives.
Jul 29, 2010. Passed 231/189.
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2010, Arcuri missed 59 of 3,531 roll call votes, which is 1.7%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills