Barnes was a far-left Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Barnes’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Barnes’s bills had a total of 403 cosponsors in the 99th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Barnes to other members of the House of Representatives in the 99th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Barnes’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 549 (99th): A resolution expressing the intent of the House of Representatives with respect ...
- H.Con.Res. 390 (99th): A concurrent resolution condemning the state of seige imposed by the Government ...
- H.R. 5364 (99th): Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance Act of 1986
- H.J.Res. 694 (99th): A joint resolution to designate the week of December 14, 1986, through ...
- H.R. 5237 (99th): Drug Abuse Education and Prevention Act of 1986
- H.R. 5155 (99th): A bill to amend section 701(f) of the International Financial Institutions Act ...
- H.Con.Res. 353 (99th): A concurrent resolution opposing the participation of the Chilean vessel ESMERALDA in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1986, Barnes missed 226 of 3,868 roll call votes, which is 5.8%. This is better than the median of 5.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1986. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills