2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Bennet »
Our unique analysis of the bills Bennet has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bennet is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Michael Bennet sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Member, Subcommittee on Rural Development and Energy
- Senate Committee on Finance
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Bennet sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (20%) Health (16%) Education (15%) Taxation (13%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Social Welfare (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) International Affairs (5%)
Some of Bennet’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 455: A resolution recognizing the cultural and historic significance of the Cinco de Mayo ...
- S. 2498: Medicare Program Linking Uncoordinated Services (PLUS) Act
- S. 2500: Health Care Premium Reduction Act
- S. 2428: Service for Schools Act of 2015
- S. 2341: A bill to designate a portion of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge as ...
- S. 2305: Carbon Capture Improvement Act of 2015
- S. 2264: Child Tax Credit Improvement Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jun 2016, Bennet missed 14 of 2,278 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: