Our unique analysis of the bills Bilirakis sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bilirakis is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Bilirakis was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 5213 (108th): Research Review Act of 2004
- H.R. 4380 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4737 Mile Stretch Drive in Holiday, Florida, as the “Sergeant First Class Paul Ray Smith ...
- H.R. 3926 (108th): Organ Donation and Recovery Improvement Act
- H.R. 3038 (108th): Health Care Safety Net Amendments Technical Corrections Act of 2003
- H.R. 3214 (107th): To amend the charter of the AMVETS organization.
- H.R. 3487 (107th): Nurse Reinvestment Act
- H.R. 4365 (106th): Children’s Health Act of 2000
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Bilirakis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (16%) Health (16%) Labor and Employment (15%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Science, Technology, Communications (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Social Welfare (8%) Law (7%)
Some of Bilirakis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6100 (109th): Military Education Enhancement Opportunities Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 474 (109th): Recognizing the invaluable service of our Nation’s public hospitals and health systems.
- H.Res. 953 (109th): Commending the Republic of Cyprus and thanking the Cypriot people for their ...
- H.R. 5562 (109th): To direct the Joint Committee on the Library to obtain a statue ...
- H.R. 5201 (109th): Health Centers Renewal Act of 2006
- H.R. 3902 (109th): Chamois Truthful Labeling Act of 2005
- H.R. 3205 (109th): Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Act of 2005
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1983 to Dec 2006, Bilirakis missed 444 of 12,865 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills