Our unique analysis of the bills Burgess has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Burgess is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Burgess for more statistics.
Michael Burgess sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
House Committee on Rules
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative and Budget Process
Burgess sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Burgess’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 934: Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 34) to ...
- H.R. 6229: MISSION ZERO Act
- H.Res. 893: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 954) to amend the Internal Revenue ...
- H.R. 6139: Comprehensive Immunosuppressive Drug Coverage for Kidney Transplant Patients Act of 2016
- H.R. 6079: Semipostal Stamp Clarification Act of 2016
- H.Res. 858: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3590) to amend the Internal Revenue ...
- H.R. 5662: To provide an exception to certain mandatory minimum sentence requirements for a person ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Burgess’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed.
S. 1252: Global Food Security Act of 2016
Jul 6, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2596: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Jun 16, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2016, Burgess missed 242 of 10,082 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 31 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: