2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Burgess »
Our unique analysis of the bills Burgess has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Burgess is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Michael Burgess sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
House Committee on Rules
- Member, Subcommittee on Legislative and Budget Process
Burgess sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Burgess’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5093: To amend the Federal Trade Commission Act to require a time limitation for ...
- H.Res. 672: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2666) to prohibit the Federal Communications ...
- H.Res. 632: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3716) to amend title XIX of ...
- H.Res. 611: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2017) to amend the Federal Food, ...
- H.R. 4504: Energy Efficiency Free Market Act of 2016
- H.Res. 542: Providing for further consideration of the bill (H.R. 8) to modernize energy infrastructure, ...
- H.Res. 539: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 8) to modernize energy infrastructure, build ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Apr 2016, Burgess missed 239 of 9,658 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 31 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: