Our unique analysis of the bills Castle sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Castle is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Castle was the primary sponsor of 11 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 6184 (110th): America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008
- H.R. 3204 (108th): Benjamin Franklin Commemorative Coin Act
- H.R. 1350 (108th): Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004
- H.R. 3232 (108th): To reauthorize certain school lunch and child nutrition programs through March 31, 2004.
- H.R. 3801 (107th): To provide for improvement of Federal education research, statistics, evaluation, information, and dissemination, and for other purposes.
- H.J.Res. 42 (107th): Memorializing fallen firefighters by lowering the American flag to half-staff in honor of the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial Service in Emittsburg, Maryland.
- H.R. 800 (106th): Education Flexibility Partnership Act of 1999
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Castle sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Law (13%) Labor and Employment (12%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (11%) Transportation and Public Works (10%) Education (9%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%)
Some of Castle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6173 (111th): Regenerative Medicine Promotion Act of 2010
- H.R. 6018 (111th): To amend the Immigration and Nationality Act with respect to a country ...
- H.R. 6019 (111th): Accountability and Transparency in Ethics Act of 2010
- H.Con.Res. 299 (111th): Expressing the sense of Congress regarding the establishment of committees with jurisdiction ...
- H.R. 5554 (111th): Small Business Assistance and Relief Act of 2010
- H.R. 5521 (111th): To extend credits related to the production of electricity from offshore wind, ...
- H.R. 5165 (111th): Financial Education in the Classroom Act of 2010
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Dec 2010, Castle missed 109 of 11,825 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: