Cloud is the representative for Texas’s 27th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jul 10, 2018. Cloud is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Cloud.
Cloud is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cloud has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 8, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Michael Cloud sits on the following committees:
Cloud sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Cloud’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3129: To amend the War Powers Resolution to require an annual report and assessment ...
- H.R. 2199: Federal Agency Sunset Commission Act of 2021
- H.R. 1534: Protecting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act of 2021
- H.R. 1449: Emergency Savings Accounts Act of 2021
- H.R. 1450: Small Business Emergency Savings Accounts Act of 2021
- H.J.Res. 25: Disapproving the action of the District of Columbia Council in approving the Minor ...
- H.R. 638: Cost Estimates Improvement Act
From Jul 2018 to May 2021, Cloud missed 16 of 1,296 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: