Cloud is the representative for Texas’s 27th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jul 10, 2018. Cloud is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Cloud.
Cloud is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Cloud has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 23, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Michael Cloud sits on the following committees:
Some of Cloud’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8656: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide emergency savings accounts ...
- H.R. 8657: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide emergency savings accounts ...
- H.R. 8554: To establish the Federal Sunset Commission.
- H.R. 8353: Women’s Public Health and Safety Act
- H.R. 3530: Improving Confidence in Veterans’ Care Act
- H.R. 638: Cost Estimates Improvement Act
From Jul 2018 to Oct 2020, Cloud missed 11 of 1,105 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: