Our unique analysis of the bills Conaway has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Conaway is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Conaway for more statistics.
Michael Conaway sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
Conaway sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Energy (21%) Finance and Financial Sector (21%) Agriculture and Food (21%) Science, Technology, Communications (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%) Environmental Protection (8%) Taxation (8%)
Some of Conaway’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4622: Carbon Capture Act
- H.Res. 591: Commending the cooperative owners and the employees of the Farm Credit System for ...
- H.R. 3933: 179 Act
- H.Res. 464: Affirming that private equity plays an important role in growing and strengthening United ...
- H.R. 3643: Interim Consolidated Storage Act of 2015
- H.R. 3329: To increase the number of operational aircraft carriers.
- H.R. 2735: Accountable Recovery Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Jul 2016, Conaway missed 186 of 8,736 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 79 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: