Read our 2018 Report Card for Conaway.
Conaway is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Conaway has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Michael Conaway sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Armed Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Intelligence and Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Member, Subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces
House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Member, Subcommittee on Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation
- Member, Subcommittee on Defense Intelligence and Warfighter Support
- Member, Subcommittee on Intelligence Modernization and Readiness
Conaway was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2 (115th): Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018
- H.R. 2051 (114th): Agriculture Reauthorizations Act of 2015
- H.R. 6437 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 200 North Texas Avenue in Odessa, Texas, as the “Corporal Alfred Mac Wilson Post Office”.
- H.R. 1425 (110th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 4551 East 52nd Street in Odessa, Texas, as the “Staff Sergeant Marvin “Rex” Young Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Conaway sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
International Affairs (26%) Taxation (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Agriculture and Food (12%) Energy (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Government Operations and Politics (5%)
Some of Conaway’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2334: To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Odessa, Texas, ...
- H.R. 2010: Second Chance at Life Act of 2019
- H.Res. 141: Calling upon the leadership of the Government of the Democratic People’s Republic of ...
- H.Res. 115: Calling upon the leadership of the Government of the Democratic People’s Republic of ...
- H.Res. 116: Calling for a prompt multinational freedom of navigation operation in the Black Sea ...
- H.R. 701: FriendSHIP Act
- H.R. 703: Uncovering Foreign Influence in the United States Act of 2019
From Jan 2005 to May 2019, Conaway missed 188 of 10,318 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: