Read our 2018 Report Card for Crapo.
Crapo is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Crapo has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Michael Crapo sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Economic Policy
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Protection
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Housing, Transportation, and Community Development
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on National Security and International Trade and Finance
- Ex Officio, Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment
- Joint Committee on Taxation
- Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on Finance
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy, Natural Resources, and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness
- Member, Subcommittee on Taxation and IRS Oversight
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Member, Subcommittee on Intellectual Property
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Member, Subcommittee on the Constitution
Crapo was the primary sponsor of 17 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 97: Nuclear Energy Innovation Capabilities Act of 2017
- S. 2155 (115th): Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act
- S. 1463: Financial Stability Oversight Council Insurance Member Continuity Act
- S.J.Res. 47: A joint resolution providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection relating to ...
- S. 383 (114th): Indian Trust Asset Reform Act
- S. 2040 (113th): Blackfoot River Land Exchange Act of 2014
- S. 1764 (110th): A bill to improve the use of a grant of a parcel of land to the State of Idaho for use as an agricultural college, and for ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Crapo sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Crapo’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1797: Judicial Reorganization Act of 2019
- S. 1588: Freedom of Commerce Act
- S. 1555: IMPROVE Transition for Servicemembers Act
- S. 1163: Veterinary Medicine Loan Repayment Program Enhancement Act
- S. 1007: Prevent All Soring Tactics Act of 2019
- S. 947: Radiation Exposure Compensation Act Amendments of 2019
- S. 817: Hearing Protection Act
From Jan 1999 to Jun 2019, Crapo missed 136 of 6,402 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is worse than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: