Read our 2017 Report Card for Doyle.
Doyle is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Doyle has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Michael “Mike” Doyle Jr. sits on the following committees:
Doyle was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1690 (114th): To designate the United States courthouse located at 700 Grant Street in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as the “Joseph F. Weis Jr. United States Courthouse”.
- H.R. 6533 (111th): Local Community Radio Act of 2010
- H.R. 1147 (111th): Local Community Radio Act of 2009
- H.R. 3541 (110th): Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007
- H.R. 1753 (106th): Methane Hydrate Research and Development Act of 2000
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Doyle sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Doyle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 131: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.J.Res. 129: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, ...
- H.R. 4649: Energy Storage Tax Incentive and Deployment Act of 2017
- H.R. 3427: Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act of 2017
- H.R. 1141: Pet Safety and Protection Act of 2017
- H.Res. 496 (114th): Recognizing the 50th anniversary of the Department of Computer Science at Carnegie ...
- H.R. 2849 (114th): Pet Safety and Protection Act of 2015
|Doyle’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed 364/58.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 1731: National Cybersecurity Protection Advancement Act of 2015
Apr 23, 2015. Passed 355/63.
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 1995 to Apr 2018, Doyle missed 663 of 15,695 roll call votes, which is 4.2%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: