Read our 2016 Report Card for Doyle.
Our unique analysis of the bills Doyle has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Doyle is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Michael “Mike” Doyle Jr. sits on the following committees:
Doyle was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1690 (114th): To designate the United States courthouse located at 700 Grant Street in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, as the “Joseph F. Weis Jr. United States Courthouse”.
- H.R. 6533 (111th): Local Community Radio Act of 2010
- H.R. 1147 (111th): Local Community Radio Act of 2009
- H.R. 3541 (110th): Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007
- H.R. 1753 (106th): Methane Hydrate Research and Development Act of 2000
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Doyle sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Doyle’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1141: Pet Safety and Protection Act of 2017
- H.Res. 496 (114th): Recognizing the 50th anniversary of the Department of Computer Science at Carnegie ...
- H.R. 2849 (114th): Pet Safety and Protection Act of 2015
- H.R. 1690 (114th): To designate the United States courthouse located at 700 Grant Street in ...
- H.R. 1477 (114th): Fair Access to Science and Technology Research Act of 2015
- H.R. 5146 (113th): To designate the United States courthouse located at 700 Grant Street in ...
- H.Res. 426 (113th): Expressing support for the designation of the Thursday before Thanksgiving as “Children’s ...
|Doyle’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
H.R. 4127: Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2016
Dec 1, 2015. Passed 364/58.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 1731: National Cybersecurity Protection Advancement Act of 2015
Apr 23, 2015. Passed 355/63.
H.R. 4681 (113th): Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015
Dec 10, 2014. Passed 325/100.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
From Jan 1995 to Jul 2017, Doyle missed 653 of 15,244 roll call votes, which is 4.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 10 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: