Read our 2016 Report Card for Enzi.
Our unique analysis of the bills Enzi has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Enzi is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Michael Enzi sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
- Senate Committee on Finance
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Enzi was the primary sponsor of 18 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1110: National Forest System Trails Stewardship Act
- S. 130 (113th): Powell Shooting Range Land Conveyance Act
- S. 254 (110th): A bill to award posthumously a Congressional gold medal to Constantino Brumidi.
- S. 845 (110th): Safety of Seniors Act of 2007
- S. 1401 (110th): Student Financial Aid Data Privacy Protection Act
- S. 1400 (110th): Student Information Means a Positive Loan Experience Act of 2007
- S. 219 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 152 North 5th Street in Laramie, Wyoming, as the “Gale W. McGee Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Enzi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (17%) Taxation (17%) Health (17%) Finance and Financial Sector (12%) Animals (12%) Arts, Culture, Religion (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (8%) Government Operations and Politics (8%)
Some of Enzi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 70: A bill to designate the mountain at the Devils Tower National Monument, Wyoming, ...
- S.Con.Res. 3: A concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government ...
- S.Res. 575: A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of National Retirement Security Week, including ...
- S.Res. 572: A resolution designating November 5, 2016, as National Bison Day.
- S. 3240: Pension and Budget Integrity Act of 2016
- S. 3140: One Percent Spending Reduction Act of 2016
- S.Res. 518: A resolution designating July 23, 2016, as “National Day of the American Cowboy”.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Enzi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
H.R. 3304 (113th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
Dec 19, 2013. Motion Agreed to 84/15.
H.R. 4310 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013
Dec 21, 2012. Conference Report Agreed to 81/14.
S. 3240 (112th): Agriculture Reform, Food, and Jobs Act of 2012
Jun 21, 2012. Bill Passed 64/35.
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010, also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act), was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
From Jan 1997 to Jan 2017, Enzi missed 143 of 6,266 roll call votes, which is 2.3%. This is worse than the median of 1.5% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: