Read our 2016 Report Card for Enzi.
Our unique analysis of the bills Enzi has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Enzi is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Michael Enzi sits on the following committees:
- Chair, Senate Committee on the Budget
Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Chair, Subcommittee on Primary Health and Retirement Security
- Senate Committee on Finance
Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Federal Spending Oversight and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs and Federal Management
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Enzi was the primary sponsor of 22 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1110 (114th): National Forest System Trails Stewardship Act
- S. 130 (113th): Powell Shooting Range Land Conveyance Act
- S. 254 (110th): A bill to award posthumously a Congressional gold medal to Constantino Brumidi.
- S. 845 (110th): Safety of Seniors Act of 2007
- S. 1400 (110th): Student Information Means a Positive Loan Experience Act of 2007
- S. 1401 (110th): Student Financial Aid Data Privacy Protection Act
- S. 219 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 152 North 5th Street in Laramie, Wyoming, as the “Gale W. McGee Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Enzi sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (20%) Economics and Public Finance (19%) Health (17%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Arts, Culture, Religion (9%) Animals (9%) Environmental Protection (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%)
Some of Enzi’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 1818: A bill to provide health care options for small businesses.
- S.Res. 225: A resolution designating July 22, 2017, as “National Day of the American Cowboy”.
- S. 1267: State Mineral Revenue Protection Act
- S. 1092: Interstate Transport Act of 2017
- S. 976: Marketplace Fairness Act of 2017
- S. 940: SEAL Act
- S. 811: Child Welfare Provider Inclusion Act of 2017
|Enzi’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 644: Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015
Feb 11, 2016. Conference Report Agreed to 75/20.
This bill became the vehicle for the passage of the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015, which includes a variety of requirements on trade protection and general trade policy. It would authorize and fund United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP), an agency ...
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
H.R. 240: Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, 2015
Feb 27, 2015. Bill Passed 68/31.
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
H.R. 3304 (113th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
Dec 19, 2013. Motion Agreed to 84/15.
H.R. 4310 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2013
Dec 21, 2012. Conference Report Agreed to 81/14.
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act, was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
From Jan 1997 to Sep 2017, Enzi missed 143 of 6,434 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: