Our unique analysis of the bills Ferguson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ferguson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ferguson was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Ferguson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (22%) Government Operations and Politics (17%) Social Welfare (15%) Science, Technology, Communications (13%) Health (10%) Commerce (8%) Taxation (8%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%)
Some of Ferguson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1152 (110th): Honoring Arnold Palmer for his distinguished career in the sport of golf ...
- H.R. 5423 (110th): To extend and modify the suspension of duty on polyisobutylene.
- H.R. 5290 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on certain light absorbing photo ...
- H.R. 5289 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on ammonium bifluoride.
- H.R. 5284 (110th): To extend the suspension of duty on Vinclozolin.
- H.R. 5287 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on iron chloro-5,6-diamino-1,3-naphthalenedisulfonate complexes.
- H.R. 5285 (110th): To extend the suspension of duty on Ecoflex F BX7011.
|Ferguson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1525 (110th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendments to the bill (H.R. 1424) to amend section 712 of ...
Oct 3, 2008. Passed 223/205.
H.R. 3355 (110th): Homeowners’ Defense Act of 2007
Nov 8, 2007. Passed 258/155.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 3246 (110th): Regional Economic and Infrastructure Development Act of 2007
Oct 4, 2007. Passed 264/154.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2001 to Dec 2008, Ferguson missed 308 of 5,307 roll call votes, which is 5.8%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: