Read our 2016 Report Card for Fitzpatrick.
Fitzpatrick is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Fitzpatrick sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Fitzpatrick was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4018 (112th): Public Safety Officers’ Benefits Improvements Act of 2012
- H.R. 4133 (109th): National Flood Insurance Program Further Enhanced Borrowing Authority Act of 2005
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Fitzpatrick sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (22%) Finance and Financial Sector (18%) Health (16%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) International Affairs (9%) Transportation and Public Works (7%) Armed Forces and National Security (7%) Government Operations and Politics (7%)
Some of Fitzpatrick’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6453 (114th): To clarify the effect of a Memorandum Opinion for the Assistant Attorney ...
- H.R. 5594 (114th): National Strategy for Combating Terrorist, Underground, and Other Illicit Financing Act
- H.R. 5403 (114th): Ariel Grace’s Law
- H.R. 5404 (114th): Medical Device Guardians Act of 2016
- H.Res. 625 (114th): Expressing support for the designation of February 28, 2016, as “National Rare ...
- H.R. 3920 (114th): E-Free Act
- H.R. 3131 (114th): Bureau Research Transparency Act
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2016, Fitzpatrick missed 108 of 5,343 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: