Our unique analysis of the bills Flanagan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Flanagan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Flanagan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Flanagan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 191 (104th): To confer honorary citizenship of the United States on Agnes Gonxha Bojahiu, ...
- H.R. 3834 (104th): To redesignate the Dunning Post Office in Chicago, Illinois, as the “Roger ...
- H.R. 3128 (104th): To make it unlawful to send lobbying communications to Congress which are ...
- H.R. 1431 (104th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the 30-percent ...
- H.Con.Res. 17 (104th): Relating to the treatment of Social Security under any constitutional amendment requiring ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Sep 1996, Flanagan missed 15 of 1,340 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills