Our unique analysis of the bills Grimm sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Grimm is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Grimm for more statistics.
Grimm sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (19%) Finance and Financial Sector (19%) Transportation and Public Works (15%) International Affairs (15%) Government Operations and Politics (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (4%)
Some of Grimm’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5813 (113th): U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Improvement Act of 2014
- H.R. 5438 (113th): Tanning Tax Repeal Act of 2014
- H.R. 4368 (113th): Keep Knives Out of Our Skies Act
- H.Con.Res. 93 (113th): Directing the Clerk of the House of Representatives to make technical corrections ...
- H.R. 4144 (113th): U.S. Merchant Marine Academy Board of Visitors Enhancement Act
- H.Res. 414 (113th): Supporting the goals and ideals of American Education Week.
- H.R. 3370 (113th): Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2014, Grimm missed 113 of 2,810 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 17 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: