Our unique analysis of the bills Honda has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Honda is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Honda for more statistics.
Michael “Mike” Honda sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Appropriations
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies
Honda sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (32%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (23%) Taxation (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%) Health (6%) Economics and Public Finance (6%) Immigration (6%)
Some of Honda’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6255: To award a Congressional Gold Medal to Norman Yoshio Mineta in recognition of ...
- H.Res. 910: Supporting the ideals and goals of the “International Day for the Elimination of ...
- H.Res. 908: Expressing support for designation of October 2016 as “Bullying Prevention Month”.
- H.Res. 909: Expressing support for the right to rescue animals.
- H.R. 6254: To amend the Communications Act of 1934 to prohibit schools and libraries that ...
- H.Res. 907: Recognizing Filipino American History Month and celebrating the history and culture of Filipino ...
- H.J.Res. 97: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to make a ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2001 to Sep 2016, Honda missed 485 of 11,044 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 89 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: