Kopetski was the representative for Oregon’s 5th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1991 to 1994.
Kopetski is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kopetski sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1989 to Nov 29, 1994. See full analysis methodology.
Kopetski was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.J.Res. 101 (103rd): To designate February 21 through February 27, 1993, as “National FFA Organization Awareness Week”.
- H.R. 3289 (102nd): For the relief of Carmen Victoria Parini, Felix Juan Parini, and Sergio Manuel Parini.
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kopetski sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (25%) Environmental Protection (18%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Government Operations and Politics (12%) Commerce (10%) Immigration (8%) Health (8%) International Affairs (8%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Kopetski recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 5239 (103rd): To amend the fishing endorsement issued to a vessel owned by Ronnie …
- H.R. 5236 (103rd): Opal Creek Forest Preserve Act of 1994
- H.R. 4705 (103rd): Forest Ecosystem Research Laboratory Authorization Act of 1994
- H.R. 4518 (103rd): FTC Order Review Procedure Act of 1994
- H.R. 4359 (103rd): To require a study and report on environmental restoration at the Nevada …
- H.R. 4321 (103rd): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to exempt cash payments …
- H.R. 4317 (103rd): To designate temporary protected status under the Immigration and Nationality Act for …
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 1991 to Nov 1994, Kopetski missed 71 of 2,054 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is on par with the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills