Our unique analysis of the bills Lowry sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1988. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lowry is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Lowry’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5069 (100th): Territorial Sea and Contiguous Zone Extension Act of 1988
- H.R. 5070 (100th): National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Organic Act
- H.R. 4625 (100th): A bill to issue a fisheries license for the operation of the ...
- H.R. 4518 (100th): A bill to amend title 46, United States Code, to enhance the ...
- H.R. 4461 (100th): A bill to prohibit operations by the Coast Guard in the Persian ...
- H.R. 4398 (100th): A bill to lift the trade and other economic sanctions imposed on ...
- H.R. 4378 (100th): United States Response to South African Censorship Act of 1988
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Oct 1988, Lowry missed 185 of 4,814 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is on par with the median of 5.2% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1988. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills