McMahon was the representative for New York’s 13th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2009 to 2010.
McMahon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McMahon sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
McMahon sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McMahon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6235 (111th): National Blue Alert Act of 2010
- H.R. 5564 (111th): Judgment Evading Foreign States Accountability Act of 2010
- H.R. 5418 (111th): Public Transportation Preservation Act of 2010
- H.Res. 1320 (111th): Expressing support for the vigilance and prompt response of the citizens of ...
- H.Res. 1324 (111th): Expressing condolences and sympathies for the people of China following the tragic ...
- H.R. 4647 (111th): Iran Human Rights Sanctions Act
- H.Res. 1059 (111th): Honoring the heroism of the seven United States Agency for International Development, ...
|McMahon’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 2499 (111th): Puerto Rico Democracy Act of 2010
Apr 29, 2010. Passed 223/169.
H.Res. 915 (111th): Encouraging the Republic of Hungary to respect the rule of law, treat foreign investors fairly, and promote ...
Dec 8, 2009. Passed 333/74.
H.Res. 317 (111th): Recognizing the region from Manhattan, Kansas, to Columbia, Missouri, as the Kansas City Animal Health Corridor, and ...
Sep 15, 2009. Passed 312/108.
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2010, McMahon missed 55 of 1,655 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is on par with the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: