McNulty is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McNulty sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
McNulty was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 480 (108th): To redesignate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 747 Broadway in Albany, New York, as the “United States Postal Service Henry Johnson Annex”.
- H.R. 1143 (102nd): To authorize a study of nationally significant places in American labor history.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McNulty sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (23%) Armed Forces and National Security (23%) Labor and Employment (11%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Energy (9%) Law (9%) Crime and Law Enforcement (9%)
Some of McNulty’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3046 (110th): Social Security Number Privacy and Identity Theft Prevention Act of 2007
- H.R. 2164 (110th): Medicare Ambulance Payment Extension Act
- H.R. 857 (110th): To clarify the rules of origin for certain textile and apparel products.
- H.R. 550 (110th): Securing America’s Energy Independence Act of 2007
- H.R. 490 (110th): Mohawk River Hydroelectric Projects Licensing Act of 2007
- H.R. 4375 (109th): Mohawk River Hydroelectric Projects Licensing Act of 2005
- H.R. 2897 (109th): To amend title 4, United States Code, to provide for the proper ...
|McNulty’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2764 (110th): Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2008
Dec 17, 2007. Passed 206/201.
H.R. 4156 (110th): Orderly and Responsible Iraq Redeployment Appropriations Act, 2008
Nov 14, 2007. Passed 218/203.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 1908 (110th): Patent Reform Act of 2007
Sep 7, 2007. Passed 220/175.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 1989 to Dec 2008, McNulty missed 573 of 12,006 roll call votes, which is 4.8%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills