Our unique analysis of the bills Michaud sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Michaud is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Michaud for more statistics.
Michaud sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (44%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Taxation (12%) Transportation and Public Works (12%) Health (7%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (5%) Economics and Public Finance (5%) Education (5%)
Some of Michaud’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 104 (113th): Supporting the goals and ideals of Vietnam Veterans Day.
- H.R. 4527 (113th): To remove a use restriction on land formerly a part of Acadia ...
- H.R. 4399 (113th): Comprehensive Department of Veterans Affairs Performance Management and Accountability Reform Act of ...
- H.R. 4336 (113th): Local Road Safety Act of 2014
- H.R. 3181 (113th): Defending Veterans from Sequestration Act of 2013
- H.R. 3169 (113th): IRS Rulemaking Fairness Act of 2013
- H.R. 3040 (113th): Safe Freight Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2014, Michaud missed 57 of 8,776 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 24 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: