Michaud was the representative for Maine’s 2nd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2003 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Michaud.
Michaud is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Michaud sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Michaud sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Michaud’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Con.Res. 104 (113th): Supporting the goals and ideals of Vietnam Veterans Day.
- H.R. 4527 (113th): To remove a use restriction on land formerly a part of Acadia ...
- H.R. 4399 (113th): Comprehensive Department of Veterans Affairs Performance Management and Accountability Reform Act of ...
- H.R. 4336 (113th): Local Road Safety Act of 2014
- H.R. 3181 (113th): Defending Veterans from Sequestration Act of 2013
- H.R. 3169 (113th): IRS Rulemaking Fairness Act of 2013
- H.R. 3040 (113th): Safe Freight Act
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2014, Michaud missed 57 of 8,776 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: