Sodrel was the representative for Indiana’s 9th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2005 to 2006.
Sodrel is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sodrel sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2001 to Dec 8, 2006. See full analysis methodology.
Sodrel was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5169 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1310 Highway 64 NW. in Ramsey, Indiana, as the “Wilfred Edward ‘Cousin Willie’ Sieg, Sr. ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sodrel sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sodrel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5917 (109th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide that tips ...
- H.R. 5169 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 4776 (109th): To amend title 28, United States Code, with respect to the jurisdiction ...
- H.Res. 587 (109th): Congratulating Tony Stewart on winning the 2005 NASCAR Nextel Cup Championship.
- H.R. 4296 (109th): Innocent Supplier Fairness Act
- H.R. 4121 (109th): Disabled Veterans Commissary and Exchange Store Benefits Act
- H.Con.Res. 39 (109th): Providing for an adjournment of the House.
From Jan 2005 to Dec 2006, Sodrel missed 7 of 1,214 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: