Rep. Michael Synar
Former Representative from Oklahoma's 2nd District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Oklahoma's 2nd District
See Also: Bioguide
Synar was a rank-and-file Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Synar’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Synar’s bills had a total of 282 cosponsors in the 103rd Congress.
Use this chart to compare Synar to other members of the House of Representatives in the 103rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Synar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4994 (103rd): Baseball Fans and Communities Protection Act of 1994
- H.R. 4821 (103rd): Honey Springs National Battlefield and Washita Battlefield National Historic Site Act of ...
- H.R. 3702 (103rd): To amend section 1341 of title 28, United States Code, relating to ...
- H.R. 2818 (103rd): To increase the fee for the enforcement of the Tea Importation Act.
- H.R. 2469 (103rd): Congressional Campaign and Election Reform Act of 1993
- H.R. 2326 (103rd): Bankruptcy Amendments of 1993
- H.R. 2147 (103rd): Fairness in Tobacco and Nicotine Regulation Act of 1993
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1979 to Nov 1994, Synar missed 309 of 7,776 roll call votes, which is 4.0%. This is worse than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills