Waltz is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Waltz has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Michael Waltz sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Armed Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Intelligence and Emerging Threats and Capabilities
- Member, Subcommittee on Seapower and Projection Forces
- House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology
Some of Waltz’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2204: Venezuelan Contracting Restriction Act
- H.R. 1911: SFC Brian Woods Gold Star and Military Survivors Act
- H.R. 1746: To direct the President to establish a unified United States Space Command.
From Jan 2019 to May 2019, Waltz missed 3 of 221 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: