Ward was the representative for Kentucky’s 3rd congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1995 to 1996.
Ward is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Ward sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1991 to Oct 3, 1996. See full analysis methodology.
Ward sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ward’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3279 (104th): To provide for early deferred annuities under chapter 83 of title 5, ...
- H.R. 2222 (104th): To provide for continued retirement and leave benefits for certain former employees ...
- H.Res. 160 (104th): Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 1535) to amend the ...
From Jan 1995 to Sep 1996, Ward missed 33 of 1,340 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills