Our unique analysis of the bills Ward sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1996. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ward is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ward sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Ward’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3279 (104th): To provide for early deferred annuities under chapter 83 of title 5, ...
- H.R. 2222 (104th): To provide for continued retirement and leave benefits for certain former employees ...
- H.Res. 160 (104th): Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 1535) to amend the ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1995 to Sep 1996, Ward missed 33 of 1,340 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Sep 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills