Our unique analysis of the bills Bachmann sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bachmann is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Bachmann for more statistics.
Bachmann sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bachmann’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 762 (113th): Expressing support for the goals of National Adoption Day and National Adoption ...
- H.R. 5551 (113th): Heartbeat Informed Consent Act
- H.R. 5408 (113th): Terrorist Denaturalization and Passport Revocation Act
- H.R. 5194 (113th): Muslim Brotherhood Terrorist Designation Act of 2014
- H.R. 4989 (113th): Justina’s Law
- H.Res. 409 (113th): Expressing support for the goals of National Adoption Day and National Adoption ...
- H.R. 2091 (113th): To amend title 36, United States Code, to require that the POW/MIA ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2014, Bachmann missed 655 of 6,341 roll call votes, which is 10.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. ProPublica has tracked 52 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: