Mulvaney was the representative for South Carolina’s 5th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2011 to 2017.
Mulvaney is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Mulvaney sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 5, 2011 to Dec 30, 2016. See full analysis methodology.
Mulvaney was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Mulvaney sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Mulvaney’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5869 (114th): To amend the Federal Credit Union Act to require the National Credit ...
- H.R. 5491 (114th): To require the Director of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection to ...
- H.Res. 674 (114th): Recognizing linemen, the profession of linemen, the contributions of these brave men ...
- H.R. 4913 (114th): Housing Finance Restructuring Act of 2016
- H.R. 4745 (114th): Interim Consolidated Storage Act of 2016
- H.R. 4737 (114th): State and Tribal Government Sovereignty Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 3868 (114th): Small Business Credit Availability Act
From Jan 2011 to Feb 2017, Mulvaney missed 201 of 4,232 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Feb 2017. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: