Our unique analysis of the bills Bishop has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bishop is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Bishop for more statistics.
Mike Bishop sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Regulatory Reform, Commercial, and Antitrust Law
Some of Bishop’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 469: Urging North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) member countries to meet or exceed the ...
- H.R. 3594: Federal Perkins Loan Program Extension Act of 2015
- H.Con.Res. 67: RESTORE Resolution of 2015
- H.Con.Res. 58: Supporting the designation of the week of September 11 to September 17 as ...
- H.R. 2315: Mobile Workforce State Income Tax Simplification Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Bishop’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Dec 2016, Bishop missed 11 of 1,319 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: