Our unique analysis of the bills Bost has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bost is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Bost for more statistics.
Mike Bost sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Small Business
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Bost sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bost’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5733: Beginning Farmer and Rancher Guaranteed Loan Modernization Act of 2016
- H.R. 5231: Requiring Accountability and Inspections for Dining Service Act
- H.R. 3956: VA Health Center Management Stability and Improvement Act
- H.R. 3714: Small Agriculture Producer Size Standards Improvements Act of 2015
- H.R. 2523: American Trade Enforcement Effectiveness Act
- H.R. 1429: Stronger Voice for Small Business Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Bost missed 60 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 4.7%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: