Read our 2016 Report Card for Bost.
Our unique analysis of the bills Bost has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bost is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Mike Bost sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
- House Committee on Agriculture
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment
Bost sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bost’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 2288: Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017
- H.R. 1329: Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2017
- H.R. 1328: American Heroes COLA Act of 2017
- H.R. 1131: VA Health Center Management Stability and Improvement Act
- H.R. 831: BALE Act of 2017
- H.R. 645: Requiring Accountability and Inspections for Dining Service Act
- H.R. 5733 (114th): Beginning Farmer and Rancher Guaranteed Loan Modernization Act of 2016
|Bost’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 4901: Scholarships for Opportunity and Results Reauthorization Act
Apr 29, 2016. Passed 224/181.
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed 249/177.
H.R. 10: Scholarships for Opportunity and Results Reauthorization Act
Oct 21, 2015. Passed 240/191.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Jul 2017, Bost missed 62 of 1,763 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 6 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: