Read our 2017 Report Card for Gallagher.
Gallagher is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Gallagher has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mike Gallagher sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Armed Services
- House Committee on Homeland Security
House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Member, Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings, and Emergency Management
- Member, Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
- Member, Subcommittee on Railroads, Pipelines, and Hazardous Materials
Gallagher was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Gallagher sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Gallagher’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1029: Reaffirming the United States-Australia diplomatic, security, and economic relationship.
- H.R. 6475: To require a determination on designation of the Russian Federation as a state ...
- H.Res. 994: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the United States Marine ...
- H.R. 6337: To amend the Trade Expansion Act of 1962 to require Congressional approval before ...
- H.Res. 967: Expressing support for the designation of October 23 as a national day of ...
- H.R. 4569: Counterterrorism Information Sharing Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 4552: Advancing Medical Resident Training in Community Hospitals Act of 2017
|Gallagher’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 1182: The American Legion 100th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act
Jul 25, 2018. Passed 366/52.
The House Amendment to S. 1182 extends the National Flood Insurance Program, which is set to expire July 31, 2018, through November 30, 2018. This amendment does not include any reforms to the program; it is only a short-term extension. The NFIP was originally set ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
H.Res. 569: Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act, 2017
Oct 12, 2017. Passed 353/69.
This resolution rewrote the text of H.R. 2266 to be the Additional Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act, 2017, and sent the new text of H.R. 2266 back to the Senate for approval. The text of the bill can be found in this resolution.
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
From Jan 2017 to Jul 2018, Gallagher missed 16 of 1,089 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: