Garcia is the representative for California’s 25th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since May 19, 2020. Garcia is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Garcia.
Garcia is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Garcia has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jul 27, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Mike Garcia sits on the following committees:
Some of Garcia’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4516: To establish a categorical exclusion to expedite certain critical response actions, and for ...
- H.Res. 424: Expressing support for the designation of June 1, 2021, as “Batten Disease Awareness ...
- H.R. 2650: Military Spouse Licensing Relief Act of 2021
- H.R. 1563: To extend the authorities under the Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation Act ...
- H.R. 202: SALT Fairness Act of 2021
From May 2020 to Jul 2021, Garcia missed 3 of 387 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: