Our unique analysis of the bills Johanns sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Johanns is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2014 Report Card for Johanns for more statistics.
Johanns sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Environmental Protection (18%) Taxation (16%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Health (11%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Agriculture and Food (7%) Immigration (7%)
Some of Johanns’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2809 (113th): A bill to require the Environmental Protection Agency to obtain a court ...
- S.Con.Res. 42 (113th): A concurrent resolution recognizing caregiving as a profession and the extraordinary contributions ...
- S. 2745 (113th): A bill to amend the National Trails System Act to direct the ...
- S. 2633 (113th): UAC State Notification Act of 2014
- S. 2628 (113th): UAC State Notification Act of 2014
- S. 2600 (113th): UAC State Notification Act of 2014
- S. 2544 (113th): A bill to authorize early repayment of obligations to the Bureau of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2014, Johanns missed 70 of 1,839 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: