Mike Johnson sits on the following committees:
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- Member, Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Johnson sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Johnson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3593: Securing Our Borders and Wilderness Act
- H.R. 3480: Furthering Oversight in Expired Federal Grants Act
- H.R. 3481: Increasing Transparency in Federal Audits Act
- H.R. 3392: Lake Bistineau Land Title Stability Act
- H.R. 3133: SEA Act of 2017
- H.R. 2457: J. Bennett Johnston Waterway Hydropower Extension Act of 2017
- H.R. 1761: Protecting Against Child Exploitation Act of 2017
|Johnson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 1695: Register of Copyrights Selection and Accountability Act of 2017
Apr 26, 2017. Passed 378/48.
This bill would change the appointment process for the head of the U.S. Copyright Office, known as the Register of Copyrights. Currently the Register of Copyrights is hired by the Librarian of Congress (who is the head of the Library of Congress). This bill would ...
From Jan 2017 to Sep 2017, Johnson missed 8 of 529 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: