Read our 2017 Report Card for Kelly.
Kelly is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kelly has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mike Kelly sits on the following committees:
Kelly was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2210: To designate the community living center of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Butler Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania, as the “Sergeant Joseph George Kusick VA Community Living Center”.
- H.R. 609: To designate the Department of Veterans Affairs health care center in Center Township, Butler County, Pennsylvania, as the “Abie Abraham VA Clinic”.
- H.R. 3058 (114th): Innovators Job Creation Act of 2015
- H.R. 2238 (114th): Craft Beverage Bond Simplification Act of 2015
- H.R. 898 (114th): Energy Production Fairness Act
- H.R. 641 (114th): Conservation Easement Incentive Act of 2015
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Kelly sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Kelly’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5684: Protecting Seniors From Opioid Abuse Act
- H.R. 5443: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to require electronic filing of ...
- H.R. 5282: Retirement Enhancement and Savings Act of 2018
- H.R. 5138: Bipartisan HSA Improvement Act of 2018
- H.R. 4993: Vaccine Access Improvement Act of 2018
- H.R. 4952: To direct the Secretary of Health and Human Services to conduct a study ...
- H.R. 4189: IRA Preservation Act of 2017
|Kelly’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed 275/154.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.Con.Res. 105 (113th): Prohibiting the President from deploying or maintaining United States Armed Forces in a sustained combat role in ...
Jul 25, 2014. Passed 370/40.
H.R. 2775 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2014
Oct 16, 2013. Passed 285/144.
This was the "vehicle" for passage of the bill that ended the government shutdown and raised the debt ceiling. This bill was introduced regarding an unrelated matter. It had been passed by the House. On Oct. 16, the Senate amended the text of the bill, ...
H.R. 6621 (112th): To correct and improve certain provisions of the Leahy-Smith America Invents Act and title 35, United States ...
Dec 18, 2012. Passed 308/89.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to May 2018, Kelly missed 39 of 5,054 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: