Our unique analysis of the bills Lee has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lee is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lee for more statistics.
Mike Lee sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Member, Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Member, Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Lee sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (22%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (17%) International Affairs (13%) Taxation (13%) Labor and Employment (11%) Education (9%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (7%) Health (7%)
Some of Lee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3337: Modernizing Government Travel Act
- S. 3327: Pay for Printing Act
- S. 3317: A bill to prohibit the further extension or establishment of national monuments in ...
- S. 3200: Voluntary Check-off Program Participation Act
- S. 3205: Human-Powered Travel in Wilderness Areas Act
- S. 3199: Agency Accountability Act of 2016
- S. 3201: Commodity Checkoff Program Improvement Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Sep 2016, Lee missed 72 of 1,627 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is much worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: