Our unique analysis of the bills Lee has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Lee is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Lee for more statistics.
Mike Lee sits on the following committees:
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Antitrust, Competition Policy and Consumer Rights
- Member, Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight, Agency Action, Federal Rights and Federal Courts
- Member, Subcommittee on Privacy, Technology and the Law
- Joint Economic Committee
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
Lee sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Lee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3200: A bill to prohibit mandatory or compulsory check-off programs.
- S. 3205: A bill to allow local Federal officials to determine the manner in which ...
- S. 3199: A bill to require the appropriation of funds to use a fee, fine, ...
- S. 3201: A bill to prohibit certain practices relating to certain commodity promotion programs, to ...
- S. 3158: A bill to promote economic opportunity for military families, to facilitate workforce attachment ...
- S. 3123: United Kingdom Trade Continuity Act
- S. 3047: Welfare Reform and Upward Mobility Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Lee missed 72 of 1,616 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is much worse than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: