Read our 2019 Report Card for Levin.
Levin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Levin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 16, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Mike Levin sits on the following committees:
Levin was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 6767: To amend the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to provide for an extension of lease protections for servicemembers under stop movement orders in response to a local, national, or ...
Does 1 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Levin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Levin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8258: To direct the Secretary of energy to conduct an advanced fuel cycle research, ...
- H.R. 7542: To amend title 10, United States Code, to identify additional factors for the ...
- H.R. 7461: To authorize appropriations for the Department of Veterans Affairs for construction and maintenance, ...
- H.R. 7105: Homeless Veterans Coronavirus Response Act of 2020
- H.R. 6767: To amend the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to provide for an extension of ...
- H.R. 6606: Clean Skies Act
- H.R. 5870: Guard and Reserve GI Bill Parity Act of 2020
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2020, Levin missed 0 of 896 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: