Levin is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Levin has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 18, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Mike Levin sits on the following committees:
Levin was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3665: To designate the medical center of the Department of Veterans Affairs in San Diego, California, as the Jennifer Moreno Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and to support …
- H.R. 2523: THRIVE Act
- H.R. 7105 (116th): Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020
- H.R. 6767 (116th): To amend the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to provide for an extension of lease protections for servicemembers under stop movement orders in response to a local, national, …
- H.R. 4625 (116th): Protect the GI Bill Act
- H.R. 2326 (116th): Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer William “Bill” Mulder (Ret.) Transition Improvement Act of 2019
Does 6 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Levin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Levin recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7801: To amend the Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 to allow the Secretary …
- H.R. 7800: To ensure transparent and competitive transportation fuel markets in order to protect consumers …
- H.R. 7612: Desalination Research Advancement Act
- H.R. 7470: Veteran Service Equity Act
- H.R. 7369: VENTURE Act
- H.R. 6988: Drug Manufacturing Innovation Act of 2022
- H.R. 6685: Spent Fuel Prioritization Act of 2022
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to May 2022, Levin missed 0 of 1,635 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: