McIntyre was the representative for North Carolina’s 7th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1997 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for McIntyre.
McIntyre is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills McIntyre sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
McIntyre was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 3572 (113th): To revise the boundaries of certain John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System units.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
McIntyre sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (25%) Water Resources Development (21%) Social Welfare (18%) Native Americans (7%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Transportation and Public Works (7%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (7%) Families (7%)
Some of McIntyre’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3572 (113th): To revise the boundaries of certain John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources ...
- H.R. 2294 (113th): To remove from the John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System certain ...
- H.R. 864 (113th): To direct the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to designate at least one ...
- H.R. 153 (113th): Veterans Outreach Improvement Act of 2013
- H.R. 154 (113th): To amend title 38, United States Code, to establish a Department of ...
- H.R. 159 (113th): To modify the project for the improvement of the Shallotte River, North ...
- H.R. 155 (113th): Notch Fairness Act of 2013
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2014, McIntyre missed 310 of 12,173 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: